Several weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award for a second time! Thank you to Lydia at http://lg309.wordpress.com/ for picking me! 🙂 (I’m also now a reader of your blog!)
Some background info on the Liebster Award:
This award is meant to recognize and discover new bloggers and is given to those with less than a certain number of followers. (I looked it up and some say the rules are to nominate those with less than 1,000. My first nomination said less than 500 and now this time it’s less than 600 [or 5,000?)]:P So I guess it all depends.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asks
- Nominate bloggers with less than that certain number of followers
- Ask those 11 nominees 11 questions
- Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated so the chain can continue
Here are my answers to Lydia’s questions:
1. Where is your favourite destination and why?
See question 9 🙂
2. Have you ever done a volunteering project?
I’ve volunteered a few times on organic farms through WWOOF USA and Workaway. I’m really interested in food production and I think volunteering on organic farms is a good way to learn about it and is also a good way to give back to the earth. As for a more specific and organized project, none so far. However, that is an item on my bucket list.
3. Where is the most colourful country you have been to?
That depends where I am in the country, but the United States and Canada are pretty colorful.
4. What is the main memory which comes to you when you think of your travels?
To me, it’s the life lessons learned from traveling that stand out, like the independence and liberation that come along with traveling. Also, the lesson that traveling is emotionally tiring comes to mind.
5. Where is the best dorm you have ever stayed in?
I don’t think I can choose! It’s a toss up between the following: HI San Diego, Wicked Hostels Calgary, Chicago Getaway Hostel, HI Quebec, and SameSun Banff. I’m not too picky about glamorous hostels, but I do appreciate cleanliness and a good social environment. Each of those hostels has either one or both of those aspects.
6. Where is the worst dorm you have ever stayed in?
So far, the worst I’ve stayed at was at a dorm in Vancouver. It wasn’t horrid, but there was no stove, the floors were squeaky, and it wasn’t a bright or fun environment to be in.
7. What is the strangest/scariest animal you have got close and personal with?
Hm… I’ve gotten close to an emu before when I visited Australia in middle school. That was a little intimidating because they’re so tall.
8. If you could go to one destination in the world where would it be and why?
I would pick to go to Europe because I’m fascinated with the different histories and cultures of each country.
9. What is your favourite city?
This is a tough question! I love each city I’ve visited thus far, but for various reasons. If I had to pick, though, I would probably have to go with Los Angeles, where I live. It’s not just because I live here, but because it’s huge and even though I’ve been here for years, I’m constantly discovering something new – places to eat, places to hike, interesting people, etc. The culture is also fascinating. Los Angeles never bores me 🙂
Another favorite (although I would never live there) is New York. It’s got a charm that stole part of my heart and I would love to visit again and again.
Quebec and Boston are also charming places, and I am so fond of the architecture in both cities.
(Okay, so that’s four cities, but this is a hard question!)
10. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done on your travels?
I think just going out to travel and explore beyond a comfort zone is adventurous. But I guess I’d say that the time I went on a 30-hour Greyhound bus ride to Washington to get to an organic farm for two weeks was pretty adventurous.
11. How many pairs of harem pants do you own? (the test for a real traveller)
None :/ (Does that make me a fake traveler? Lol.)
Here are my 11 nominations (I based the followings off of Twitter. Some of you probably have more Facebook followers!):
And here are my questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Hotel or hostel?
- What’s one place every traveler should visit and why?
- How do you handle situations when travel itineraries don’t go as planned?
- What is the most breathtaking sight you’ve seen internationally?
- What’s the best food you’ve had abroad?
- What invaluable experience(s) have you taken away from traveling?
- Do you prefer air or ground transportation to get around?
- What is one thing you must always have with you while on the go?
- Describe an interesting person you met while traveling.
- What is one place you could visit again and again?
If you could tweet me when you get around to finishing these questions that would be great! I look forward to reading your answers and keeping in touch 🙂