This post deviates from my typical ones, which have all pertained specifically to my travels. But, it’s for a good reason: I’m thrilled to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by http://itsallaboutbeingafoodie.blogspot.in! Thank you so much! This is an online award where fellow bloggers nominate new bloggers and introduce them to the blogosphere, providing an opportunity to interact with one another, meet new people, and share experiences.
1) Thank the blogger that gave you your nomination.
2) Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger.
3) Nominate bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4) Ask those bloggers 11 questions of your choice.
5) Let those bloggers know they have been nominated for the award so that they can continue the chain.
http://itsallaboutbeingafoodie.blogspot.in – Here are my answers to your questions:
1) When was the first time you ever traveled alone and how was the experience?
My first solo travel experience was in 2013 when I drove to Central California. It was a brief trip, but I thoroughly enjoyed time to myself. It also felt a little strange since it was my first time, but it also felt liberating.
2) Till date, which has been your favorite trip. Briefly describe it.
My favorite trip also took place in 2013 when I traveled across Canada on my own. I felt accomplished for having managed to spend eight weeks solo. It pushed me outside of my comfort zone and I managed to be spontaneous, meet a bunch of new people, and learn about different lifestyles, all while maintaining a reasonable budget.
3) Which type of trip do you look up-to, an adventurous trip or a cultural trip?
I don’t think I can choose! I like both, depending on my mood. There’s a sense of accomplishment and appreciation that comes with adventurous trips, but you learn so much from cultural trips.
4) Who do you prefer as your travel companions?
Close friends, significant other, and/or other travelers.
5) How do you prefer to travel?
Solo, as a couple, or in small groups with no more than 3-4 people.
6) A romantic getaway or a planned holiday?
Depends on who I’m with. I like both 🙂
7) Your backpacking checklist.
In no particular order (and there are more than what’s listed, but I always bring):
-String sports bag
-First aid kit
(I was actually planning a post about packing essentials! This is great – now I have a start with this :P)
8) What does traveling mean to you?
A lot. It means testing and pushing limits, an indescribable feeling of liberation, and most importantly, an invaluable opportunity for self-growth.
9) How do you balance normal day life with traveling?
I just make sure I make time for traveling at least once a year, but I’ll travel more if the opportunity comes up. When I’m home, I’m surrounded by people whose company I enjoy and I still try to meet new people, which helps me keep a balance.
10) Camping or hotel?
At this point in time, camping.
11) Describe yourself as a traveler.
I’d say I’m a pretty open minded and excited traveler.
Here are my nominations:
And here are my questions:
1) Why do you enjoy traveling?
2) What are five destinations you want to visit?
3) Briefly describe an amusing travel experience you’ve had.
4) What’s the longest amount of time you’ve spent commuting, whether on a plane, bus, etc.?
5) What fuels your fire to travel?
6) What are five of your must-haves when you travel?
7) What is the first thing you do upon arriving in a new destination?
8) What would you tell someone who is seriously considering traveling but is having second thoughts?
9) What are three of your favorite places in the world?
10) How much technology do you use while on the go and why?
11) Post one of your favorite travel photos.
I look forward to reading your answers and keeping in touch! Please tweet me when you have finished the questions.
Happy blogging 🙂